The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, April 5, 2013

What a pound of FAT looks like ... ewwww

scale model
A pound of body fat is about equal in size to four sticks of delicious butter. Butter ... is ... not ... my ... friend.

Now I have been strictly practicing the MEDI Weightloss plan for about three weeks (today is my third weigh-in day).  I feel great physically.  Have to say I am not as physically strong as I thought I was ... back to the gym for me.  I love to work out when I am on track with it, but it is easy for me to just stop altogether.  As I write down my calorie intake and exercise output I notice that the very first thing I drop from my routine activities is time specifically for myself.  I feel good about getting stuff done that helps my family or the groups I'm participating with, but feel guilty just taking care of my own stuff.  Part of the several weeks I expect to be working on this "Shape-Up!" project are to help me create new habitual thinking patterns.  Like ... butter is not my friend ... Cheetos are yucky ... stuff like that, and ... it is perfectly okay to spend time working out alone if no one wants to join you (AC/DC is always ready to play).  The few more pounds I have to lose is not my heaviest bit of extra weight ... yikes!

No comments: