The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Kittens

A friend of Four's friend's sister was out hunting and somehow came upon a mother cat who had been recently shot and her liter ... still alive, but next up.  I don't know the entire story, but somehow Four wound up with the liter in a banana box snuggled up to a stuffed tiger toy and some kitty formula.  After an exhaustive search for a hospitable situation they came to my living room.  The local vets do not have the staff to bottle feed these guys and the humane society suggested they be "put down".  Their eyes are open, I'm guessing they are about three weeks old.  Last night we bought a hot pad for their box.  This morning someone put them in my bed ... briefly.  I like them.  I like that they are adapting well to bottle feeding.  I especially like that they found their way here where we can take good care of them.  We have been planning on adopting a kitten this spring. It's going to be very difficult to choose just one ... .

Sammy thinks they are okay.

No comments: