The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, April 1, 2013

My little lists for the day

mandy disher photography
April!

Personal notes (iow ... not at all remotely interesting to any one else):

  • Diet ... rocking!  I love it!
  • Two kid's getting ready to graduate ... that rocks!  I love it!
  • I have a little two day a week ... um ... 6-8 hours a week job that pays well ... love that.  Getting a bit behind on some other important things though.  Like ... I want to write my notes on the book Man's Search for Meaning.  It is an excellent book and I want to remember several bits of it exactly as Frankl notes them. My kitchen floor is also a bit of a mess (the mess that hides under the cabinet recesses ... it is an irony of aging that one can see perfectly well things which are five feet away, but need "readies" for things close at hand!
  • Thank you note shopping is a priority item ... I am getting behind for want of note cards!
  • Sammy is a behavioral challenge on walks.  He is strong enough and large enough to pull me along at will.  I am working with him to get his will reconnected with my own.  It's not a big deal on the neighborhood walks, but if he wants a real walk ... he's going to have to readjust to "minding".  The very long break in routine walks developed some poor choices ... on the other hand, it is interesting and fun to see him try to pull me along to the places where I would have him sit before letting him browse the bushes.  He wants to drag me to those "stops" and sit down to wait impatiently for me to tell him "okay" (as though politely knocking a door to his pit stop).  I'm going to start him out with three 20 minute walks per day covering the same territory each time.  I think it will help him concentrate on obeying if we go over and over the same exercise before we start introducing a buffet of doggy distractions.  Seems like God walks me through the same stuff over and over again until I am most comfortable walking with my hand in His ... . That dog might be a theologian as well as a meteorologist!  
  • So ... today ... a map through the day:
  1. Kitchen floor *
  2. Bathrooms
  3. Develop meal plan/ grocery list for the week (a favorite thing to do)
  4. Drive Two to school. (check car for fuel ...)
  5. Get note cards.
  6. Saw a job I am interested in ... call for more info.
  7. Fold laundry which is now in dryer *
  8. Dress for and attend funeral (elderly Church friend)
  9. Grocery shop ... reset pantry and frig (I love doing this every week)
  10. Pick up Five from school
  11. Tennis shoe and knee pads shopping with Five (look for resistance bands)
  12. Prep for dinner
  13. Take Five to volleyball practice (stay there and timeshare with book)
  14. Cook dinner ... dinnertime.
  15. Weights *
  16. Later ... thank you notes * and quiet reading time.
Maybe not exactly in that order ... and Sammy's walks need to get squeezed in somewhere!  After 5 and 11 and after dinner *.  I like one long walk better then three short walks 'cause like Sammy, I want to see the sights!

Mandy Disher ... the photographer has some very beautiful images on her site.  Her processing style is very cool.  I like seeing it how she "sees" it.

*  I review to see what I didn't do yesterday ... and I didn't like not completing the list!  A few other things were done and some of these things took longer then I estimated they might.  I see that I didn't do the stuff that was specifically for me.  One of the things about this diet is they say to schedule in to your day time to take care o your body with exercise.  I don't think housework counts ... .  Well, today is another day ... I'll try again. It's just the game plan, but I really need time to walk the dog and do the weight training.  Working on that! That and the kitchen floor ... lol.

No comments: