The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, June 2, 2014

getting better

working out the placement of these plates
around that painting
this is not it

laundry washed, folded
put away
tidy soothes me
I think my brother said yesterday was a month since his last stay in the hospital.  This morning when the doctor came by he said, "You'll be with us for at least a couple of days."  Waiting on lab results to will determine which is the most appropriate antibiotic treatment for this infection.  My SHCFM
called to let us know they were headed to the ER ... and later that he was admitted ... and later that "what was working towards a crisis" had been averted.  I'd been home for a couple of weeks.  Long enough to get my house tidied up (mostly) and myself checked out and rested up (mostly).  L and I thought it would be a good idea for me to fly over here so I packed while L booked a flight.  (Thank you L)

up the escalator from the planetrain to gate B36
the last gate

my seat behind the wing
ready for push
This is an MD90
I think the 737s look pretty nice
I was amusing myself by monitoring our progress on ForeFlight ... the climb out wasn't sleek but I knew we were flying into weather, and I am not at all familiar with the characteristics of the plane.  Pilot turned from 263 to about 180 and I thought that was odd, but ... maybe a WX diversion (yes, it didn't really make sense.  Looking westward from my window I didn't see any big deal ahead, but I believed the guys up front knew what they were doing).  After a turn back to the airport was complete the FO came on saying something like ... they lost oil pressure in one of the engines and were flying back to the airport ... I think I heard a bit of pucker factor .  An uneventful landing was accomplished and we sat for a tiny while waiting for a gate.


These guys came out and circled the plane slowly ... .  Delta really rocked the recovery.  The young woman next to me said, "What does he mean, they train for this?"  I told her he really wanted to say ... we live for this.  I bet it breaks up the monotony ... and they greased the landing.  I teased the FO that I think he might wanna work up an announcement for every contingency ... he was like, oh yeah that  ... I think the other pilot was talking then ... . Pretty sure Left Seat would be flying ... maybe not, idk.

Woke up in Texas.

My brother is doing well.  I hope we can bust him out of here in a couple of days.  I'm trying to think of some fun day trips to help break up the monotony of getting better.  And ... I'm trying not to gain weight this time (Texas BBQ is definitely fun)!

No comments: