The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

just a (very tiny) storm of thoughts

texting with Four


Still in Texas ... hanging around mostly.  Today was a chemo day.  I ran a few errands and picked up lunch.

played around with my Waterlogue app

My husband likes to assess my state of being (I'm guessing) by looking at a pic of me snapped (and sent) pretty much as soon as I wake up everyday.  It's a very nice idea, but ... of course ... I know how to kick up a smile ... one must put ones best face forward (and all that).  
God's word ... indeed ... and not to be irreverent, but shoe shopping also helps (I find "re-soling" is good for the soul).  Yeah, I'm thinking about this ... Grace, and pearls ... it hurts like brand new shoes ... the vid links to both Bono and Sadé are there.
On sale, which made them irresistible ... even tho they are patent leather, and I grew up when shiny Mary Janes (and fresh white gloves) were worn only for church or weddings ... I'm going to wear them mostly with rolled up skinny jeans.
I was offered a trip to Lexington tomorrow ... if I were home and available I think I'd do it.  Not flying very much has me thinking about how much I like to fly.  And ... that my medical is almost due ... and that I am not in the proper frame of mind to fly without a flying buddy.  I've never felt like that before, but I don't quite think IM SAFE (lol). Stress and Fatigue have caught up with me.


“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” 
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sand dollars, in an enamel dish on T's patio table.  They are sitting in rain water ... once dry they'll bleach out again.  I like 'em as they are here as well.

yep ... just a whole lot of random.  I'm thinking about stuff, but it's not very well organized thinking.  Mostly, I think "Don't ... don't think ... just do what seems best".  Last night for the first time ever (that I can remember) I dreamed about wolves, which is supposed to be a good dream symbol ... and I dreamed I was way up high in a tree that broke and fell away, except the limb I was standing on, and in the dream I started calling out, "Help, Help ... Help", and that part of me that knew I was just dreaming wondered if God could hear me ... and I think yes, God hears even those little half formed shadowy pleas.
Today we saw a fb post of a kid playing with his daddy and we laughed and Tommy said remember when we used to do that.  I had forgotten and smiled to remember.  It's pretty neat to be reminded of silly stuff ... neat what is remembered when reminded.  
What else?

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." ~RWE

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year." ~RWE

“A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud.”~RWE


“Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; unbelief, in denying them.” ~RWE


“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.” 

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: