The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, July 14, 2014

this and that

Steven N. Meyers
I love the looks of x-ray flowers ... so neat ... . 

17 
The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

That's from Zephaniah 3.  I'm looking at scriptures about how God loves.  It surprises me to see God rejoicing over "you" and maybe even me ... that note that God does do this.  
103 


Psalm 103 begins ...

Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies...


I've been gathering these plates for a while with the intention of hanging them.  Kinda fun.  L thinks I should paint something different for that spot, get rid of the sky/clouds.  I still smile when I look at it though.  I don't think I want to paint over it.  And, when it grabs a rainbow I feel very happy.


This is a different sort of orchid then what I usually have.  The instructions said fill the vase half way up with water and let the plant soak for 30 minutes (then pour the water off) twice a week.  It said the plant will keep on blooming.  Orchids "last" longer then anything else does as far as flowers go in our home.  Orchids I can sorta do.  All in all this is about 3 foot tall ... it's fun.  That's Momma's glass cylinder, kinda perfect for it I think.  (I'm still working through her things ... somedays it's just too much to deal with).  Today I thought I would finish up my other grey (comfy, lol) chair.  All the "pieces" are constructed, ironed, ready to go.  All I need to do is get the air compressed back in here and zoop it together.  Probably won't ... probably do that tomorrow.  Mañana.  Today I am "doing" sidewalk.

First time to edge this year.  What a mess!  I have a lot of edging to do ... maybe several mornings worth.  The worse thing about that work is the flies.  Flies were landing on me.  Yuck ... sweat I don't mind, flies on sweat is just gross. Too gross.  That edger throws up a lot of dirt too! 

Tommy is doing great.  We (mostly L, I made a pitcher of Godiva/Kahlua/Vanilla Vodka martinis and got distracted there) made some cookies to send to him ... and a batch for C too.  It great that he is doing so well.  I love the way he approaches this.  We'll go back over for a few days later this month. Just for a hug.

It feels good to be getting my house in order.  (That sidewalk is gonna need to be power washed ... one job always leads to another!)  Today I was thinking about how you get a great lawn by fortifying the good stuff rather then by poisoning the weeds, I mean, you gotta do some weed work for sure, but really supporting the good stuff is what makes the grass really beautiful.  I think relationships are like that too.  

That's it ... time to get back at it.

No comments: