The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, October 30, 2015


It is raining here today!  Reacquainting with Texas weather is like skateboarding down a steep dirt bike trail, you don't know quite what to expect but you're certain it's going to be intense.  Samson doesn't have "a spot" worked out inside the house yet.  He roams. I am confident that he won't do outside business inside while I am away today, but I would prefer to let him out before I go.  He moves from one piece of furniture to the next like goldilocks in the three bear's house.  He usually keeps an eye on me from the back patio while I sleep.  Last night I woke up several times with him beside my bed smelling my breathe or some dog thing like that.  It's weird to wake up eyeball to eyeball with a dog who outweighs you.  At four a loud noise in the living room startled me awake and jumped me out of bed.  I opened the glass door and let him out.  Pretty sure he saw something out there and instinctively responded by hurling himself towards it realizing too late - the glass.  No harm done. I suspect a raccoon was after his food bowl.
Today I will brave the storms to meet my dermatologist  appointment.  I have a couple of yucky spots on my shoulder.  Of course I am concerned that it may be cancer.  It's funny - up till last year I've gone through life never thinking of cancer in my health picture.  Now, I do.  Gotta check these things out.

 - later -


Braving the storms didn't really work out!  That picture is of our next door neighbor's driveway.
 
The doctor's office called offering a courtesy cancellation because they've had so many no-shows today. People are reporting really bad traffic on the interstate.  I think I could have made it if it stayed about like it was in the maps app, with this rain it won't.  People don't slow down much for rain until they suddenly stop.


















No comments: