The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

These sugar cookies are soon much more trouble then they look like they would be!  I can see why I don't bake.  First, the dough has to chill. It's temperamental!  Mine was, according to V, "overworked".  I used the mixer rather then stirring it by hand,  then they were undercooked - then burnt.  My son asked me if they were gingerbread when he saw them.  The frosting gets crusty. It's super sugary and you have to constantly wipe little bits away.  Brownies are better.  I think I am done with sugar cookies.

2 comments:

Gretchenjoanna said...

At least you got a cute picture to make a blog post out of! I wish I could eat a few of those cookies; I probably would think they were just fine. A friend of mine is trying to bake beautiful iced sugar cookies for her daughter's wedding and I am not able to be sympathetic about the project -- it just looks too impossible.

DeAnn said...

I can certainly see why each cookie at Starbucks costs a small fortune. Pretty sure I'll be doing another batch of them again, but not until I forget how tedious they are from start to finish!