The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, November 11, 2016

Samson



Surreal picture taken this morning - Sammy is gone.  Yesterday I slid the door open to give him a treat, half of a turkey and swiss on wheat bread.  He took two steps towards me as I stepped out smiling at him.  Then he veered left and gracefully laid back down.  Hmmm, I thought, too tired for a snack because you were up all night barking at the deer.  I turned and dropped his sandwich into his bowl and I went back inside.  Later I noticed him still snoozing in the same spot.  I thought his position hasn't changed.  I thought he might be dead and I didn't want to go check on him, but I did.  His fur felt soft, I hoped I wouldn't startle him, maybe he was just sound asleep. But he didn't wake up.  The day before had been a perfectly normal day.  I've noticed him slowing down but ... .  He was a great dog.  Probably the best dog ever.

































No comments: