The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, November 26, 2016




"You have traveled too fast over false ground; 
Now your soul has come to take you back. 



Take refuge in your senses, open up 
To all the small miracles you rushed through. 



Become inclined to watch the way of rain 
When it falls slow and free. 



Imitate the habit of twilight, 
Taking time to open the well of color 
That fostered the brightness of day. 



Draw alongside the silence of stone 
Until its calmness can claim you." 



~ John O'Donohue





That is my black sheep wool sweater.  I think that is funny.

I didn't want to walk the dog's walk - Sammy's walk - without him.  I have been putting off "doing the walk" now since he is gone.  I have been waiting on my husband to do it with me - without asking him to.  I know he misses Sammy too.  I know it's the sort of walk one has to work up to ... I thought he would ask me if I wanted to go for "a walk" when he was ready.  I didn't want to go by myself the first time, so, I've been waiting.  

The silence of stone is calming.  I like to sometimes stack rocks along the walk.  Stones are good secret keepers.  Sounds a little weird - I'm just saying if you knew about rocks or stones they could tell stories.  There's not enough time on the planet to know about much but I would like to know more about geology.  I was really surprised by how much I liked the rocks at the Smithsonian. 

I'm not ready for another dog.  I will be someday, just not yet.

Those walks are good.  I need to get back to them. 

Tongues in trees, 
books in the running brooks, 
sermons in stones,
and good in everything.

-William Shakespeare, “As You Like It”
(found @ Gladsome Lights)

4 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

I agree about there not being enough time, and about stones, and walks. I wonder if you and I might take a walk together one day.... Isn't that a lovely thought?

DeAnn said...

I know I would love that. (I did enjoy reading about the walk around DC)

Anonymous said...

Ask your husband if he will 'walk the dog's walk' with you. He has probably just been waiting for you to ask.
Enjoy your Holidays :)
Tom (turning 59 this month)

DeAnn said...

Hey Tom, husband actually took that picture of me that's posted here during our walk together that very day without the dog. He misses Sammy too.

Thank you for the holiday wishes! I am excited about this time of year. So - you have Christmas ~and~ a birthday to celebrate during December. I like birthdays a lot. Let me wish for you year full of every good thing - last of the 50s!

And thanks for the good advice, always appreciated.
DeAnn (turning 58 in January - lol :)