The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, October 11, 2013

ordinary life ... and lemonade



Secret: Restaurant lemons are often as dirty as the floor.
Most restaurants never wash their lemons. They stay in the box that they were shipped in until they end up on your plate. In an independent test, Dr. Oz discovered five out of five lemons from five different restaurants were coated with germs including mold, bacteria, staph and Candida yeast – the type found in the mouth and vagina.
Yeah, that's one thing that's always on my mind these days ... lol ... It falls in to my "Just say no" basket!  One of my friends keeps nice clean thickly sliced lemon wheels in her freezer.  Great idea ... delicious in my little glass of Tullamore Dew in place of ice.  Putting a baggie full in my own freezer is on my to do list today ... I'll "disinfect" them first.
NEXT:
Something I am very excited about ... 
like still believe in Santa on Christmas Eve type excited about ...
I've been offered some very cool flights in some very cool aircraft over the years ... until now the right set of circumstances hasn't come together for me to get to sit right seat on a jet trip ...  'til now!!! 
 I am sitting here in the pants I'll wear for that flight!  Later today I will search for the "right" white polo, it's gotta be sparkling fresh ... and ... I am going to put a shine on my ropers.  I love waking up thinking about how cool that flight is going to be (for me) and I love going to sleep thinking about how cool that flight is going to be (for me).  It's coming up early next week.  (And, even if it falls through as these things sometimes do, I am going to revel in the joy of anticipating it ... !)


I've been waiting for this fun w/o actually hoping it would ever come my way. 
(I mean, really ... who on the entire planet even gets to fly jets?)
 next:

I finished my couch pillow last night and smiled at the fun of them over coffee this morning.  They look how I pictured them.  Nice thing to wake up to and sit with this morning.  Next up ... I'll begin to reupholster those two big club chairs.  It's hard to find the time for all my little projects and especially now that I am busy with students (which I am really enjoying). This is a good time in life for me ... maybe even a best time.  
Figuring that stuff about the plane out is coming along.  Two new students starting next week.  And I am planning a small dinner party for next weekend too (which is a favorite activity).

No comments: