The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, September 1, 2014

mostly pictures ...

We leave pretty early on our morning walks, always early enough to find Venus still high above the tree line (that's Saturn beyond ... I'm learning the night sky).  Today I stopped to enjoy these, the only morning glories I have seen this year.  I didn't plant mine.  Maybe next Spring, along with some moon flowers, I'd like them together on our fence. I also saw "roadkill" which L identified as two raccoons.  I never look at those stilled guys, but today I was occupied by keeping an eye on a scurrying field mouse with a very short tail.  We shared the sidewalk with him.  Last week I saw a big turtle stuck on the street unable to climb the curb.  L helped him up.  I don't like to touch those things.  City girl ... .

Really enjoying the FitBit flex band.  It "plays well" with my calorie tracker, the FitnessPal app.  We are doing great at consistently getting 10,000 steps even though I was dragging a bit today.
 I'm sitting in the living room taking a break from my FIRC work.  It's actually kinda enjoyable to review... surprised at how much the "tone" has changed since my last one (2012).  It seems that we are encouraged to "be more sensitive".  The world continues to evolve I guess ... .
This, from our yard, taken on Saturday.  It volunteered from seeds planted season before last.  Sweet.


L and I did make it to the tailgate ... chose not to go to the game, we ran errands together instead and I enjoyed the time.  Look at all the crazy that accompanies home games ... there are super nice RVs parked in organized rows on every blade of grass within 5 miles or more of the stadium.

 My favorite stop was a Blooming Colors where these chickens were just rambling around.
Next morning walk on to campus ... Victory "rolled", a team of men were cleaning everything away.

I'm always busy now.  It's a busy time of the year with school starting back ... but, I am swamped!  Too busy to make notes here and I miss the time because it provided space for me to think about stuff.  I do want to make a few notes about Sunday's sermon ... it was interesting. And oddly enough it seems that the last chapter of the FIRC seemed to amplify some of the Pastor's thoughts.  Kinda cool.  Hopefully, notes on that later ... for now, I'm ascribing to the picture worth a thousand words deal.   I barely have time to take care of my family stuff!


  • To see and hear rain falling symbolizes forgiveness and grace. Falling rain is also a metaphor for tears, crying and sadness. 
  • To see a baby in your dream signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted. If you dream that the baby is smiling at you, then it suggests that you are experiencing pure joy.
  • To see or call for a babysitter in your dream indicates that you need to acknowledge and work on your inner child.
  • Two stands for balance, diversity, partnership, marriage cooperation, soul, or receptivity. It can also symbolize double weakness or double strength.

No comments: