The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, September 14, 2014

new word for me

  1. flense (vt)


    • strip skin or fat from animal  (as a whale).



My son, One, taught me this word this week.  I had to have him spell it in NATO phonetic alphabet to spell it out.  He used the word to illustrate an idea, a feeling.  

And ... I'm thinking also about fat ... those good fats which are  vital in the support of optimal brain/body function and the "bad fats" which encourage disease.  To be flensed.  Interesting word.  He wasn't making the distinction  between good or bad fat ... he wasn't really even thinking about fat.  I circled back to "there".  I know that fat in general may represent abundance.  Or it may convey connotations of over-indulging oneself.  

Anyway ... a note ...   Flense ... it's painful, and bloody ... possibly helpful?

No comments: