The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, September 12, 2015

yesterday's walk and what I'm thinking about

Samson pretty much ignores them until he suddenly wants to give chase. Deer are everywhere around here.  I'm surprised that I don't hear rifles going off, but I have noticed that the crossbow shop is a happening (stand alone) shop.
This week I prepared hydroponic tilapia ... definitely better texture and taste.  I'm researching the possibility of aquaponic gardening as we consider our housing options.  The idea of growing lettuce and tomatoes is appealing.  Tilapia are a great addition to that system.
Training provided at
Sand Creek Farm in Texas

That's a lot of lettuce.  I'm thinking to integrate a greenhouse "more" into the actual house as an indoor room or "lung" for the house.  We're not looking for a business of growing stuff! One of my sons is "agriculturally" oriented.  He says this type construction is very inexpensive.
Lake Flato YEE HOUSE
More integrated, like this picture.  I don't know if it will work/make sense cost wise.  The local aquaponic guy sells his lettuce for 4 bucks a head.  Seems like his production costs must be fairly high.

I really like those Lake Flato designs.  

No comments: