The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, May 20, 2013

side tables, I didn't resist


I am doing something that I can't remember ever doing before ... stacking up furniture projects!  Purchased these two tables (to use as end tables in our bedroom), yesterday.  I've been looking at them, and thinking about them for a month now.  Surprised they were both still available.  They are similar in size and color, very different in someways.  I think they are interesting together ... the bedside lamps will be an exact pair.
Table number one is sturdy, needs only a good sanding and a fresh finish, uh almost only...the top book matched veneer is popping loose at the middle seam and there is a wound about the size of my little finger which I will repair by turquoise inlay.
Table number two is just a bit wobbly.  All of her leg joints need to be re-worked.  After that I think a good wiping of Murphy's Oil Soap and a couple coats of tung oil and she will be good to go.

There is a chest of drawers, untouched thus far, waiting in the garage, and a little chair, practically completely restored, resting in the corner.  L is going to cut a new seat out of plywood and I will upholster and attach it over the cane bottom.  I also intent to replace one of the braces between the front legs with a dowel sheathed in copper tubing.  That chair is going to be pretty funky (hopefully in a good way).

Between my little job, and my regular home-maker type duties, I feel like I'm running a bit behind on things.  And I need a flight review pretty soon ... and someone wants me to work with them on their performance landings which I really want to do!  And those kitties need to go in for their first set of shots ... and this is the last week of school for my girls ... and the flowerbeds are looking pretty rough ... .  And I need a couple of days to just catch up on girl stuff (socializing).  Breakfast dishes for now though ... then off to work.

No comments: