The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wish Chest

Saw this yesterday and thought about it ... still there (waiting for me) today.  I made the call.  He said make me an offer.  I said 25 bucks.  He said perfect.  It's in my garage now.  I don't know whether to just go with new sheets of veneer or celebrate the scars.  I wonder how many different lives have been lived around this little chest of drawers.  The mirror is in excellent condition though the decorative attachment piece is ... in pieces.  Not sure what can be done to salvage/redeem the mirror frame, but a new one can be built if nothing else.  Love the original pendant style drawer pulls on the lower two drawers.  The top three drawers will have to have replacement hardware.  This should be a really fun project.  I haven't had any time of late to work on that chair that I have in pieces  ... first that, then this!
I may do something like this.  I would apply the "images" with darker stains.  I like dandelions and that idea would lend itself well to a chest that wishes for another life.  Idk ... we'll see.  As I clean it up I'll figure it out.

No comments: