The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Things I picked up from the ground today

perfect little bright red lady bug

found right there ... I thought it was a glass bead


2 cents worth would have been enough
... thinking about that today.
$.04 found in the middle of the street as I crossed to get in to my car.

Sermon notes made while visiting my brother's church:  Mother's Day, Honoring Mom"To honor "Mom" means:


  •  to love her unconditionally.
not subject to a condition
  • to extend grace and forgiveness as God has extended to you and me.
(You hurt me, but I still forgive you. God knows exactly how my heart has hurt ... Extend the grace that God extends to me ... Who am I to withhold forgiveness and grace?  If I want that, why wouldn't I extend it?) when you forgive you let go of the bitter...the bitter makes you miserable ... Punish/ dismiss/disown or, love them; don't love for what they do, love for who they are. 


  • to live in peace with Mom as much as I can.
Don't just pretend to love others (hear Mom)...that's fake. Really love them (v 10) genuine affection (v 11) never be lazy (in your relationships)... Work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically eager to practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you .. Pray that God will bless them, don't curse them ...  forgive them and hope they encounter GOD."


(Romans 12:17-19) "Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you've got it in you, get along with everybody. Don't insist on getting even; that's not for you to do. "I'll do the judging," says God. "I'll take care of it."



Romans 12:9-21

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction,faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need.Practice hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[a] Do not be conceited.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[b] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[c]
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

sermon notes and the actual text the pastor pulled from found above ...

No comments: