The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, June 13, 2013

between the middle of nowhere and basically nowhere near anywhere...

Yesterday, looking for fabric I drove what started out to be 30 minutes from here (which is a long time in a small town). Left at 12:30 arrived at destination at 4:00. "Grabbed" fabric memos and headed home hoping to get dinner on the table at a reasonable hour.
Traffic like this can only mean that several lives are forever altered.
(iPhone is a freakin' genius)

ahead

behind
so glad I stopped for fuel earlier in the day

May God comfort those who were hurt by this event.

Finding the right fabric is tricky.  It has to feel right, look right, "go on" right, wear right, and be right priced.  I want it to look right with the furniture it will share space with.
I really like the black and neutral "pineapple" fabric.  It will the only patterned furniture in the room. I'm thinking of a solid colored fabric for the wing back, some contemporary very saturated color, throw pillows and a lamp base can bring color around the room I think.  These two water colors provide the palette I am using.



So, pretty much any color to choose from.  I'm thinking grey for the chairs.  None of these fabrics are "right"!  
Color-wise they are mostly too light for the room (the greys) and weight-wise, they are too heavy.  The rolled arms of the chairs need a fairly light weight material.  Visually, I like the herringbone fabric pictured about mid way.  The corals are there to face one side of the pillow. The green is a possibility for the wing back.  L wants me to keep the wing back diamond tufted so that fabric will basically self-select once we settle on a color.  I can't wait to pick out pillow fabric.  That's the most fun for me.  Pillows should be quirky.
I'll try again on Monday.
Flight review scheduled for this Saturday.  That should be fun.

No comments: