The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, June 27, 2013

compassion


Wikipedia definition of Compassion:
Compassion is an emotion that is a sense of shared suffering, most often combined with a desire to alleviate or reduce the suffering of another; to show special kindness to those who suffer. Compassion essentially arises through empathy, and is often characterized through actions, wherein a person acting with compassion will seek to aid those they feel compassionate for.
...
 "zenhabits" take on compassion

Just a quick note this morning on a bit of what I am thinking about ... compassion.

I'm thinking this may very well be the thing I least want to find myself in need of.  And yet ... in fact to be human is to experience suffering.  In Sunday School we are looking at suffering.

I really don't have my thoughts together on this yet, nor the time today to focus on this to the exclusion of a ton of other things (laundry, house cleaning), but ... just a reminder, and a collection point for little threads of ideas as I begin to weave my blanket on this topic.  I can see that I need to build a foothold here on this sorta topic so that I might instinctively reach for what is familiar , uh, later.  Mixing metaphors ... lol ... I know what I mean.  I have seen myself trusting lately ... trusting like a champ.  I liked it and I smile to see myself coming along.

Helping kids in and out of the gliders yesterday is a help in informing something about trust.  The before and after on their rides was pretty precious.  Compassion is bit of a salve for vulnerability isn't it?  Something hurts and we become emotionally raw and then what?  Accepting compassion may be, uh, must be I'm thinking, part of the mending process ... part of becoming stronger, well-er in general.  I'm sure hoping to learn some of the lessons on the smaller stuff rather then getting myself pinged bigger and bigger for lack of attention to learning opportunities.

I'm thinking about this topic today with a tweak from what I was thinking about a couple of years ago.

And this, these pics of a project begun (by strangers to me) and being seen through.  I think its going to eventually fly and as I touched the project I thought of the story told by the wood and glue of it.  A reminder here I think ... it tells a story of love ... of triumph.  I'll try to link the website that supports the endeavor.  A pic or two for me for now though ...



or three ...
Fisher Youngster kit plane

No comments: