The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

catch up post


One of the other funny things about cats that I maybe like, okay, I like it, but only part time … as is my overall inclination towards all things "cat" … cats like anything new/different.  A recently emptied box is a thing of joy to them.  They like discovery.  I like that about them.  Here they are, all three of them, snuggled up tight in the newly completely striped chair.  (I am so delighted that it is ready for it's new fabric … pulling it apart was huge.)  Glad I remembered to "drape" this project otherwise I believe they would have pulled all the fluff apart to make their nest just so, as they did (twice!) with the maidenhair fern bed which was intended to nestle a peppermint poinsettia.  I can't imagine Sammy thinking that would be a thing to do, nor would he be up on the dining room table, which tends to be ground zero for that nefarious feline crime syndicate.  I have them sleeping outside in Sammy's kennel … out in the cold (someone put an electric hot pad out there for them).
The staple gun is brand new, never been used, never even read the directions.  I don't like to read the directions on power tools.  I like to figure them out as I go.  I'm trying to make myself thumb through … the part where it says made in China aggravates me.  Some how not having it "'splained" is a some what soothing antidote  even whilst highlighting the "bite".  Oh well … I've been saving up for a super duper air compressor and ordered this one with all the bells and whistles … the truck stopped for me!  Today … I will select the musical companion to this little labor of love … and I'll get started putting these chairs back in order.
Sweet little trimming for Christmas stockings … my other "project".  It's time to get the boxes of sparkle and shimmer out of storage … where in the world does all the time go?  I missed Thanksgiving celebrations almost entirely.  Day before was able to rally well enough to bake a couple of pies and put together a few appetizers which travelled with my family to the family home of one of the significant others.  I spent the day in bed waking up with the chills, adjusting covers, and sipping NyQuil (which is other story entirely.  one that I do not remember.   but trying to conjures up colors, jewel tones, like a peacock's tail feathers, and the colors swirl and I feel like I'm pulling Gs.  and it is not entirely unpleasant).

significant others … boyfriend or girlfriend of adult child who may or may not become permanent member of family.  (I am a HUGE fan of all of our SOs right now … One, Two, and Three are each still "with" the same SOs they were seeing at this time last year.  I like their people very much.)

So, basically, no Thanksgiving activities for me this year.  I was thankful that my family was cosseted within a larger circle of love.  I was thankful for the freedom to just rest.  Fever broke after dark and I've felt pretty good ever since.



Next … Iron Bowl.  Absolutely the best football game I have ever watched.  The event has crystallized as a perfect jewel of an experience … yes, I can say "My team won", but the amazing thing is that before the game I don't think it would be true to say that I've ever had "a team".  Daddy was an avid football fan … I liked having people over to watch games during my college days … L doesn't bother with sporting events, we tailgate as a social thing on occasion,  I can count the number of times I've been in that stadium on one hand.  I think of it as the halfway point on Sammy's walks.  Isn't that a neat picture?  Guessing it was captured from the blimp circling overhead.  We watched the entire game from the comfort of Three's lovely SO's lovely sectional sofa.  She has the biggest screen I've ever seen in real life!  And … she just made everything better then one might possibly hope for (including my favorite wine chilled and ready to go!)  I really loved the time spent, all together, enjoying one another and the game. It's a favorite memory already. 
In my opinion, this, a hot as you can tolerate, bubble bathe with Epsom's salts (Dr. Teal's for me in Eucalyptus Spearmint), is the ultimate cure all, hot toddy optional.  Big fan of therapeutic soaks!  
So … ready to hit it again by Monday.  I had a flight lesson planned for the morning and a flight review scheduled for the afternoon.  Both went well … nice to be back in a plane yesterday.  Today's lessons weathered out … tomorrow, another flight review scheduled, but iffy forecast.  I'm catching up on reading … REGs … and shooing cats.

and tending to Four, home from the dorm … too funny to see DayQuil where one might expect a water bottle to be …
and … watching the weather … winter approaches.


No comments: