The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, July 4, 2010

4 July 2010

Sunday night Thankful...

For this Country that I love and am grateful to be a citizen of ... Even though I think it's getting pretty messed up, it is still the best place in the world.

For time to just relax. Today all five were home for lunch. This morning before church I thought to clean the shrimp and put them on skewers for grilling ... They were already deveined!! I was totally amazed and I remembered the saying " whoever says you can't buy happiness is shopping in the wrong place". New grocery store in the area: Earthfare. Suddenly I am a huge fan! Grandmere sent about ten bottles of wine with us after Cs passing. She doesn't touch the stuff. Well, this is a Beringer product. One said, "I love that I a member of a family who will buy filling station wine and save it for 15 years.". Two thinks cheap wine doesn't age well. L was pouring it through a very fine sieve because the cork didn't come out in one piece. Mine went to the compost pile. Lunch was fun. I am thankful that my family can laugh together.

For the gift of being able to leisurely shop for music online that I can purchase and then add to my growing library ... All via the iPhone. Wow. Seriously amazing. I did buy the Cat Stephens album. Listening to it reminded me that I really like Crosby Stills Nash and Young ... And Neil Young alone ... And Simon and Garfunkle. Turns out I found another place to shop for happy.

I cut another check for camp today. I am thankful that we can afford that for our children. They really enjoy camp

Two drives our jeep. She likes to talk about how independent she is. "Her" transmission or atleast the clutch went out today. She called her daddy...well she had her brother/ hangout buddy call their dad via my phone... In other words, get Mom to get Dad. I am thankful that Dad asked for my opinion. I am thankful that Dad didn't have it towed to the mechanic. Two likes to live large. A few speed bumps will give her an opportunity to reflect.

I like to iron clothes. I get to do that in the airconditioning. I am thankful for that

I am thankful that we have enough of everthing that matters most.

No comments: