The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, July 9, 2010

Today I picked my girls up at camp. Four leaves again on Tues. And then she'll be home the following weekend and then Five will go for another week at camp. I am thrilled that they get to do this sort of thing. I'm also glad they are home.
It is storming here tonight. I love to listen to it. I like that gentle rumbling thunder and rain. I like weather. I like that I understand how it works. I listened to Enya today. ... Only Time, one of my favorites on that album, well I like the whole album. A Day without Rain. Pilgrim. It'd be impossible to choose a favorite there. I've wondered why the winds die and where the stories go...
I reread that post titled " Rough Day" and in it I said I think I could love more people and then just a couple of days ago I said I don't want to love anyone else... It just gets to be a lot sometimes. I do think God wants us to be there for each other though. I think that - the time that you give or spend with people is what is valuable. What were those five love languages? Time, physical touch, acts of service, words of affirmation, gifts. That's my preferred order. Time given, when someone gives you their time, they've given you something that they don't get back. It's linear. I remember times shared. I am changed by the gift of someone's time. It's a big deal to me. When someone gives time and when I give time.
Last night I had a nightmare and when I awoke I was pumped up. I was afraid, but I was also actively handling the situation. It took a couple of glasses of ice water and a walk around my house to ease the adrenalin. Then I just keep on waking up every hour. Tonight I took that melatonin that the FI recommended. Hope to rest well.
Tomorrow I have promised some time to someone who asked me to care a little. Someone who needs a little time.

No comments: