The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, July 25, 2010



I love to flip the album covers on my iPod app...choosing a song to hear again. Don't you wish you could hear all your favorite words...phrases...stories over and over again. What would you choose to replay? Who would you hear. Words as simple as what'sup DeAnn? can tighten my eyes and bring a small smile. The last thing my dad said to me wasn't I love you ... he said "I'll see you when you get home." I knew what he meant, but I thought he was wrong ... I though I'd see him again. Yesterday my husband bought a superduper ice cream maker. It's the summer ripe peaches calling out to me ... making me sigh. It's the people ... all of them who come and go ... their words whisper through my soul reminding me that they were near and now are not. I am thankful for those sweet memories and for the people who I love and can still enjoy sharing time with.

Yesterday was a lovely day because my husband made it so. We drove to Atlanta. I was a little girl in Houston and choose DFW for college. I like cities. I like to see everyone. Allatonce! I like looking at the stuff people put on their cars and then looking at them - quickly - not staring! I like to see if they look like who they say they are. I saw a Simper Fi sticker on an SUV with "Obama" and "US Coastguard". I didn't see the driver of that vehicle. I'm sitting here watching the morning news while I type. Looks like things are heating up around North Korea. My kid is waiting to hear what the Navy has to offer. I think it'd be a great fit personality wise. So - I enjoyed the ride in to the city. I love watching the big planes climb out of ATL. The sight has always amazed me. We went to his bookstore first because they close early on Saturday. I looked at "green house" books. My dad was big fan of passive solar and compost piles ... I like seeing where that ball has rolled to. I'm collecting ideas for when we build something at the coast. I like French country - because it's so organic I think. My husband surprised me by choosing a book for me - a French country picture book. Then we went to IKEA. We bought a bunch of storage boxes to support my homemaking efforts. I don't like clutter. Next we went looking for a lunch stop. I would have wanted to go to Fellini's but it was 103 degrees out. We got a great table at the California Pizza Kitchen and enjoyed a wonderful meal. Then we went to my favorite store - Restoration Hardware. I liked almost every thing they had in the store. It was a lot of fun to see so many cool things in one place. We walked around a little - visited the Apple store and Aveda. When we got back to the car I was so relieved to just sit a while. I was wearing high heeled T-strapped sandles and they are a lot different from my boots! My pups where whimpering!
When we started to drive home I started thinking about BMW dealerships enroute - we stopped at one. There was only one stick on the whole lot! I was really surprised. It was fun to visit even though they were closed and all the cars were locked. I was hoping to smell some new car leather! Soon. When we got back on the interstate my husband asked me to look up what movies were showing in the local theater. Really! I was pretty thrilled. We saw Salt ... turned out to be more of a wait for the CD kinda show. It was still a big treat at the end of a really fun day. I have to GA lottery tickets to stretch the weekend out til Tuesday.

Still watching TV as I type and listen to Enya ... I've been ignoring politics for a couple of years now. I've been disgusted with the whole shebang. Now I am feeling dumb because I really don't know what the Arizona SB on immigration is - exactly. Having "come up" on the border I can see both sides of the issue. I've been stunned to see how our border patrol is being treated. It seem crazy to give them a mission and then basically mandate all the PC stuff. Do American's want unempended immigration or not? I don't blame people for wanting to make a better life ... but my friends say the border has become a battlefield for Mexican gang wars ... with the illegal immigration issue compounding the strain.

Well, I'm sitting here with atleast 30 minutes worth of damp hair and a cup of coffee film. Gottago.

No comments: