The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, December 30, 2012

just busybusybusy

clover flower

God judged it better 
to bring good out of evil 
than to suffer no evil to exist.
~ST. AUGUSTINE

I am enjoying this idea ... maybe it resonates so because my mother in law has been "visiting" for several days now.  Just kidding (sort of kidding ... ).  

Good out of evil.  Very cool.  
"God judged it better ... " ... interesting. 

We are packed to the gills around here ... standing room only ... the dishwasher runs almost continuously!  It's good, but not conducive to thinking or writing ... I am swamped.  Turned down another flight for tomorrow.  I know I'm busy when I'm too busy to fly. 

bugs ... I didn't know that bugs could be so delightful ... and, this isn't even my favorite picture in his set


2 comments:

John Venlet said...

DeAnn, here's one of my favorite bugs, mayfly actually, the Isonychia, which hatch mid Summer to early Fall, typically in the early evening. It is affectionately referred to, in fly fishing parlance, as the White Gloved Howdy, due to its white legs. It's also referred to as the Iso.

Here's the fly used to imitate the Iso, which in Northern MI is often called "Rusty's White Knot."

I've caught many a nice trout on this fly.

Have a wonderful day.

DeAnn said...

Interesting to see the actual Iso compared in the images to what the fly lures look like.
I've sat quietly watching my dad construct lures from deer tail fur but didn't realize til now that that was supposed to simulate something specific. I asked him why his little pretties all looked so much the same ... He laughed and said he was just trying to get it right for the fish audience. Now I understand!
White Gloved Howdy ... Makes me laugh, richly loaded image.
Thanks for the good info.