The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Quick note ... one of the things that flying gave to me was/has been a better understanding of "weather", real weather and weather as a metaphor.  This morning while I worked away I was thinking about something like this picture.  Water drip dropping, accumulating as a puddle or a pond or running off, soaking in somewhere, nurturing this, wreaking havoc on that ... . And I was thinking about the flow or movement of a system.  I like to think about them beginning in Texas, and it seems like a lot of them do, and moving East, towards me.  I look at the high cirrus layer here and I know it's most likely raining back home ... what is happening between here and there?  What will happen?  I love to watch the big monster cells kicking up their heels.  I think I'm going to review some and think about weather some ... not in that "in each little life the rain must fall" sort of way, but more as a life, a human life, compared to the life of a storm.  This picture ... dissipating or collecting to rise again?  What if each little drop falls like a thought ... or a deed.  I've forgotten what the circles are called, but what if they are like the after effects of an action moving away ...  humming the initial intent.

I love these colors ... favorite colors

Cirrus first I think ... love the idea of ice "floating" way over head.

3 comments:

John Venlet said...

I've forgotten what the circles are called,...

D, I'm uncertain what, if any, specific term there is for a raindrop circle, but, when the drop hits a puddle, or what have you, it creates an epicenter, and its remaining energy travels outward in waves. If there's a specific name or a raindrop circle, I'd sure like to know it.

DeAnn said...

Hey John, I think I'm going to call 'em ripple rings. Tiny circular waves. Ripple rings seems right for now.

John Venlet said...

When trout are feeding on mayflies on the surface of a stream during a hatch, you can see almost the exact same effect of a raindrop falling into the water, complete with epicenter and outward traveling waves. Fly fishermen love to see this.