The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

a few things which were hiding in the front hall closet ...

with my older brother ~ early sixties

late 70s

one of my babies
early 90s

water color ~'96

HPA
"fully feathered"

copy of above with prisma and water color wash
I probably like just pencil best
all these many years later I still see this under the plastic cover of my binder
a sketch in progress with only the detailed feet and shadowy hands
it is a portrait of my childhood

2 comments:

John Venlet said...

DeAnn, very nice water colors, I especially enjoy the trike.

Like you, I think "fully feathered" is somehow finer in just pencil, but the water color adds another dimension, its colors striking the memory eyes.

DeAnn said...

Thank you. I like the trike too! Loved the link to Toy Stories btw.