The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, March 15, 2013

 those very white lines are gravel "logging" roads ... I thought concrete, but my flying buddy knew better, all that green represents cash crops
 as the trees do, so does all the water ... amaze me ... we are definitely not in Texas anymore (6,500MSL)
 never had been to this airport before ... it sure is in a beautiful location ... GAD ... lots of helicopter traffic, it's a drop zone ... I was in the air everytime I saw a helo, so no pictures of those guys.  The jet jocks were "slumbering" in the upstairs viewing loft of the FBO while they waited on their PAX.  It worked out that they had time to let my little passengers board their plane for a quick tour ... the kids, most of them first time fliers, were wide eyed impressed.  Very nice ... very hospitable ... I love these small town laid back airports and the people one comes across in them
270 squared
 the airport is situated under the Western departure path from Atlanta ... contrails were precisely spaced and reminded me of rock star friends who sit in those seats way up high ... may God bless.
 squeezed the last orientation flight in just before sunset ... a brother and a sister, he handled the airplane quite well ... better then a lot of people I've flown beside actually ... it was my honor to give him his first flight ever.  loved it that they got to go up together, she had her front seat slot earlier in the day ... I just hate to see the backseat empty when a rider is available




continuous moderate (for our gross weight) chop til we cleared the mountainous area (here at 9,500MSL) ... with fifty knots on the tail, it didn't take long ... wish i had the shot of our approach lights and the beautiful runway and taxiway lights at the home field ... home field looked especially lovely after a long day.

No comments: