The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, July 8, 2013


it really should be a prettier word
like the word halcyon
for example

It hasn't rained today.  A few minutes ago I wondered if someone had accidentally left the light in the garage on ... sunshine.  Nice.  Blue dome overhead.  I like it.

Today I started the next big deal goal for me.  Running.  I used to love to run. I loved the feel of moving through air.  I loved looking ahead and thinking run 'til you get there ... .  I loved how I felt after the run.  An hour or so later.  I had forgotten that entirely.  I did distance running in high school.  And jumping, which I didn't like.  It was a team thing though, we needed jumpers.  I was unable to sculpt my psyche in to a hurdler.  Hurdles scared me ... running at a wall seemed, uh, insane. I see them, hurdles, even now and that super annoying childhood song spools up ... 
so high 
you can't go over it 
so low
you can't go under it
so wide
you can't go around it
you must go through the door

(duh, the door ... that song grated on me and "sat" me in the corner of Mrs. Shoebrook's kindergarten class more then once)

Anyway ... I started running today.  If you saw me I think you'd call it jogging. I'd run then I'd walk as fast as I could, then run again.  

Still learning about "suffering" in Sunday School. I hoped to make some notes here today, it's a complicated topic. 

Today I am thankful for the being able to run in air that smelled so perfect.


No comments: