The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Why "blog"?

Two showed this old photo to me.  She found it tucked away, upstairs, in an attic closet.  "When was this taken", she wondered, "How old were you then? You still look the same."  I smiled when I saw the picture again because I have often thought I can look at you (child of my heart) and see you all the way back through the years to your baby face.  This is how Mommas know ... we were there for all the stuff, the little triumphs, the first attempts at deception, broken wings and bee stings ... all that.  I look at this picture and I don't remember that day. (Who was I with?  Probably my friend CJ.)  I remember that blouse (I made it.) I remember that haircut. (First drastic haircut.  I'd always preferred my hair long, the stylist, Georgio, was not at all sure about whacking it all off ... and I was so surprised at how little shampoo it took to wash my hair, and a bit discomforted by air on the back of my neck, but I wanted a college girl hair cut.)  I was 17 or maybe 18.  Long long time ago ... and I smile looking all the way back through the years at this baby face.  Yeah, I can see me there.

So today, I saw the old photo machine shot, the other three were likely scattered among high school friends, and I dropped the sweet smelling mimosa blossom, picked up from the ground on this morning's run and I opened the camera app and took a picture of this day.  I think one of the very good reasons to blog, this type of blog, is so that the days might be remembered.
I did that photo a day blog a few years back and what I loved about that was/is getting to see all the wonderful things that one sees, but doesn't really see, over the year.  There is so much to be thankful for. It blurs with the business of a day and is lost.  The photo blog helped me be very intentional about looking at things within my little day.
This type of blog gives me the opportunity to remember my days.


stopped to screenshot this
perfect music for this morning
ironically the very next song was Back in Black
also a good song to run with,
playlist musta been alphabetical!

screenshot when I finished second session
stopped back by the house to fix breakfast for L
I think two short may be more productive then one longer
I'm shopping apps to find an accurate calorie burn + step counter

thinking about this
trying to forgive myself as well as I'd forgive a friend

and thinking about this
I seem to have a lot of anxieties lately
last night I dreamed about broken glass all over the floor

and thinking about this
stuff I picked up on a walk along the shore
(3 summers ago, but still a sweet little memory to cherish)
coffee in one hand and a little pail in the other
I really like being at the coast


the cats aren't really supposed to be on the furniture
here they were when I came in the room though
now they are wrestling with my tennies.

It's a perfect day.  I steamed the floors yesterday and all the laundry is washed, folded/hung, put away, and the whole house is tidy.  I can work in my yard ... or meal plan and grocery shop ... or redo my nails.  This morning I jogged in the a thick cool fog ... and birds were everywhere singing.  I couldn't see them, but I could hear them and they sounded just right.  Diffused white light shimmered all around.  Perfect.

No comments: