The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

monitoring the numbers

down

up


ahead

behind
I was calculating my average blood pressure over the past few months and from the numbers recorded at different times of the day, but weekly, it's 98/65 ... from those charted numbers the pulse (bpm) doesn't seem to vary specifically with higher or lower BP numbers.  Hmmm.  I don't really understand how the cardio-vascular system indicates health.  (It was my favorite system to view at the BODIES exhibition ... so elegant, it appears to be fragile, lacy, and continuously does such cool things for our bodies.)  Well, I get that it does indicate relative healthfulness, just don't understand how the numbers work together with one's age, height, weight, genetics, activity ... all that.  I saw the number recorded by this app ... PACER ... and I don't know how the BP number was derived.  Right now I am saving up for a FITBIT  ... right at 100 bucks.  I think it's worth it, counts steps, distance, calories burned, does other fancy stuff that's right up my alley ... . 
Thinking about making a commitment to train for a 5K.  My current goal is to reach 10,000 steps and sweat some every day.  And drink around 128oz of water/water plus electrolytes a day.  That's a lot of fluids, and I have to be mindful to make that happen.
Today I am reviewing the National Airspace System.  I really like the www.faa.safety.gov site. Lotsa really quality review material there for folks like me who don't fly everyday, but wish to keep their head in the game. 

No comments: