The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

16



 
These fabrics are for pillows for the living room.  The turquoise is for the welt cord on the two easy chairs, their primary fabric is dark grey, almost as dark as the wall paint.  I'll get the pillows that belong on those chairs monogrammed ... been here in the south for over 20 years and I'm finally getting with the program ... the monogram will be turquoise.  I'm trying to decide if the pillows are all grey otherwise or if the back will be the turquoise dot fabric pictured above.  Trying to be less conservative, and I know it would be adorable, just not sure that adorable is me.  I have a couple of friends with good hearts and outstanding eyes who I can consult with on such an important decision!
Finally found "the" quirky little table I've been looking for to go between the two goose neck arm chairs.  In the garage is a big piece of plywood (4x6), already primed in gold, which is in the process of becoming the focal art for that end of the room. The black and white chairs with this green table will be in front of it and the two water colors are nearby on the adjacent wall.  I am leaning towards dark periwinkle, glossy white/white and glossy cream/white with just a splash of the coral/melon color.  It'll be an abstract with those pics I posted earlier this summer serving as inspiration.  I expect I will take the form from the grain patterns in the wood.  I'll build a frame/edge from molding (painted black) to finish it off.  It could go so many ways ... I am excited to see what will evolve.


No comments: