The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, August 8, 2013

(Pic deleted)

Weird, huh?
This is how they did my metabolic testing.
They gave me the breathing tube which was attached to a machine and these nose pinchers.  Told me to be still, breathe like a scuba diver, only through the apparatus, and fidget with my phone because they found it helps people to accomplish breathing naturally.  I decided to take a pic ... .

Ten minutes later the results pinged out ... My metabolism is higher then the average for my height/weight/age perimeters.  That's good news I guess.  Wonder what it would say after my coffee ritual which I dutifully neglected in favor of the required resting metabolism.  Bottom line ... I am supposed to consume 1600+ calories a day to maintain my body weight and they should be divied up calorie-wise as 20% fats, 40% carbs, 40% protein.  That's trickier then it sounds!  I'm making a concerted effort to rock that. So far, doing good to get up around 1200 calories a day ... a glass of wine with dinner helped out last night.  The deal is that all the real calories are in the bad fats ... well, in the good fats too, but they are not as handy!  (Buttered starchy carbs would be easy.)  What I'm saying is, consuming adequate calories from the entire pool of proteins, carbhydrates, and healthy fats is challenging ... processed, sauced, fried, sugared, etc., is where all the calories hid out!   Also ... on days that I work out I am to absolutely add 150 calories (and I think those really should be all protein, fortunately I like plain ole beef jerky).

So ... food and hydration ... that's the big project right now.  And, btw, those juice drink recipes that I like ... add too many carbs to make the 20/40/40 thing really work.

Here is the app I like ... fitness pal.  And the %'s to the right are theirs.  If it is possible to reconfigure the numbers to match what was recommended for me, I haven't figured out how to yet! Looks like I need a high protein dinner.  I'm working on figuring the whole deal out! I have about 500 more calories to work with before I hit the 1200 ... which is really what I am shooting for.

No comments: