The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, October 1, 2011


Back to dreams for a second or two. As an idea, rather then a rigid construct, I like this idea which I was sorta hazy thinking around last night ... It's a good thought when wrapped in the soft focus of restfulness. 'least I imagined so last night. Dreams ... Like real dreams where you sort out stuff that's looking for it's place in your brain ... also dreams like wouldn't it be nice if or those someday I'll/isle type dreams, like that little hobi cat kayak which is just waiting for a place near the water ... and maybe even stress relieving imaginings and envisionings of better times to come ... remembrances of golden moments ... all those very different things which we call dreams. Dreams are good. Dreams support direction. Dreams cherish what was and what hopes to be. I am a dreamer.

But ... That's not the most important part of what I was ... thinking isn't the right word, hmmm ... realising is closer, but still not quite ... aware ... hmmm, it feels like floating around in some of ones own thoughts ... not thoughts which are new, rather a thought like a dot of pigment flowing, streaming color in a pool of water, merging and swirling with other thoughts/colors. I'm laughing now, because that sounds suspiciously like José Cuervo was helping me paint last night, but ... this is straight up me without the alcohol assist. Alcohol makes me real silly. So, dreams color in ... adding texture and interest ... to one's real daily doings. I think maybe dreams may be the feeling aspect ... Dreams precede plans ... dreaming is like trying on a dress ... dreams help you decide what to wear, once you buy in, it becomes a goal ... a goal that is stitched together with plans ... and accessorised by those items we chose to wear again, or maybe even always. Hmmm ... Like a wedding ring ... or my house shoes/boots broken in to fit my foot ... and my swagger ... lol.

And with that thought, maybe I have a whole walk in closet full of dreams. I'm getting a little side tracked sitting out here on the front porch sipping coffee ... and a little note just pinged in from a friend and made me smile ... and today is another special person's birthday and I know she has sweet plans for the day. ... and the birds are singing good morning and pine straw is raining down in the golden morning light ... . What I wanted to note today is this ... Dreams are part of the cycle that helps us refine our intentions ... helping us make important choices about what today will look like ... 'cause a lot of what today looks like is the result of what dreams I valued enough to wear.
There's a squirrel running on the tv cable ... I love that. Those guys are such genius athletes! ... I've never seen a cat attempt that ... and the squirrels know that! I came out here with my camera hoping to catch a shot of some crows ... and they are calling almost obnoxiously ... but only from the trees still covered with leaves. I took a picture of that mum I planted last Saturday ... And I think I will take photos of it as it each little flower opens. It's full of lovely potential ... already perfect.

And that is what I'm talking about right now ... this morning. It's awesome to be a dreamer. Dreams open up potential. Living ... Real fully alive living is done by savoring the precious gift of now. Now is the life one is given ... the life one is living.
Oh my goodness ... A tiny chipmunk with full cheeks just jumped up on the porch ... What a cutie. He did a back flip in to the shrubs when he saw me! Coffee is gone ... time to see what I dreamed up for today.

No comments: