The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Samson ... In "timeout" for incessant barking. Big dog ... Prodigious WOOF WOOF reverberates off the bricks, rattling windows and nerves. This is a new thing for him. Almost over night he has developed a passion for sharing his deep baritone with any, all, no one in particular. I sssshhhh him. "Samson, No woof woof" I say with furrowed brows. "Saammmmeee... No! Sam, hush! Lay down boy .... Sshhhh! Good boy Sam" and I close the back door and he bounds off the porch for the fence line Woof ...woof woof W O OOO F! my family is complaining. "What is up with Samson? Did you hear your dog barking at the side of the house all morning? That dog is acting weird!". My husband has suggested a shock collar ... It would ping Samson every time he barks. I am not in favor of that. Barking is actually one of Samson's jobs, and if he does it well enough it may be his only job. I think a couple of issues are at play here ... one, the new neighbors have four wiennie dogs who yap continuously, and two, I have missed a week and a half of walks with my dog. I'm sure he is bored silly. He may also be thinking if they can I can. For this morning, he has been in the whoscal, the big house. Poor baby. He does look contrite!

No comments: