The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, October 16, 2011

What is on my mind ... Litmus questions.

WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND?

Should it be there? Is it an uninvited guest? Is it life-giving or energy-sucking?
Whatever it is that you have on your mind, is it somehow connected to your heart?  I mean, is it something worth giving your life to? [because that is what you are in fact doing when you give your precious time to something!]
How do you handle the uninvited guests that swarm the sacred sanctuary of your mind?

Copy and paste from A-Mused ... Tap post title to link.


CAN A CATERPILLAR FLY?

“I remembered one morning when I discovered a cocoon in the bark of a tree, just as a butterfly was making a hole in its case and preparing to come out. I waited a while, but it was too long appearing and I was impatient. I bent over it and breathed on it to warm it. I warmed it as quickly as I could and the miracle began to happen before my eyes, faster than life. The case opened, the butterfly started slowly crawling out and I shall never forget my horror when I saw how its wings were folded back and crumpled; the wretched butterfly tried with its whole trembling body to unfold them. Bending over it, I tried to help it with my breath. In vain. It needed to be hatched out patiently and the unfolding of the wings should be a gradual process in the sun. Now it was too late. My breath had forced the butterfly to appear, all crumpled, before its time. It struggled desperately and, a few seconds later, died in the palm of my hand.

“That little body is, I do believe, the greatest weight I have on my conscience. For I realize today that it is a mortal sin to violate the great laws of nature. We should not hurry, we should not be impatient, but we should confidently obey the eternal rhythm.”

I sat on a rock to absorb this New Years’s thought. Ah! If only the little butterfly could always flutter before me to show me the way.

Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek, trans. Carl Wildman  (New York: Simon and Schuster, 1952), 120-21.

Are you trying to rush to process of your own transformation? In other word, are you tempted to believe - living in a world where so much is instant - that you can change in an instant?
Do you try to force change onto others even when they are not ready for it yet?
Do you have the courage to wait  - even when suspended upside-down - allowing for the natural rhythms to unfold ?


This is what I'm talking about ... This wooing thing ... This is almost too perfect seeing this now. I've been thinking about love ... and my jaded view which was the best I could do ... and I've been collecting impressions and experiences and just trying to grasp this idea of love, because I'm almost certain that love feathers the wings of our souls. The love between a man and a woman is supposed to give us a glimpse of some stuff God wants us to see. It's been a long day here ... But this I wanted to note. That whole butterfly thing is such an amazing story. I'm really glad I did my butterfly research this summer ... very cool.

No comments: