The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Today feels almost exactly like yesterday felt.

This morning's mail reminded me of a commitment to chaperone sixth graders on a trip to the civil rights museum and on a riverboat cruise where we will have lunch. Some of the kids around here never leave the area except on school sponsored trips ... some of these guys will be afraid of a boat ride. The teacher is putting my little group of six or seven together. I'll read up a bit on civil rights on Thursday ... Looking forward to this day with my little bunch of strangers. I'm actually thinking about putting my name in the hat as a substitute teacher ... Perfect little one day at a time commitments.

Also thinking about possibilities for our turn at providing dinner for one of CCs groups ... Looking for my African Safari cookbook which better not be on a shelf in Texas! It is very odd for one of my cookbooks to not be with it's buddies ... This cookbook was developed by an English chef and has a ton of wonderful dishes which are prepared and served to safari groups. One idea that I particularly like is to shish kabob on rosemary skewers ... Pretty and delicious. I'm thinking of foods which are just a little different. That's what she wants.

On tap tonight is a dress up cocktail/dinner party for husband's endeavours. I'm looking forward to that ... Doing nails between typing here this morning (no glitter tips for this ... lol)... and trying to polish some fragile silver earrings. With the drizzly weather, I'm probably going to wear my hair up. Fun. This polish is called So Ft. Worth It and I like it for this time of year ... When I lick my nails to see if they are truly dry (yes that is exactly how to check ... any hint of nail polish taste and they are not dry ... but your polish isn't smudged ... just one of those little genius things we girls discuss as we leave for the powder room in pairs) ...yes, truly dry, I felt little gritty bits. There is a blush of luminosity under the silvery moonlight shade ... little shimmers ... It'll take two top coats to smooth that out. Good thing I started on the nails first thing this morning.

I can hear the wind whistling through the trees ... and a train is rolling through town right now ... and drips are dropping almost silently. What a great morning. Yesterday I read a big portion of The Goaland created test questions for part of a midterm for one of my husband's classes. I like the book. I remembered that I took it with me to Atlanta about this time last year ... just in case I had a moment to unwind with something non aviation related. I didn't. I looked at my favorite blog to relax while soaking in hot scented epsom salt bubbles ... and I studied for the CFI check ride. What a wonderful fun time that was ... great memories. Today, I have time to read some in The Happiness Hypothesis ... Barely begun, already know it's an awesome well thought out book ... Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom. Really enjoying it. My copy of Anam Čara came. I like the book quite a bit, but it's also a little mystical (unsettling). Haidt (Happiness Hypothesis guy) writes a book well within my comfort zone, been citing quotes by people I am familiar with. There are so many interesting things to read out there. I like quiet laid-back mornings like this one. Am also playing words with friends via the iPhone with One. ...Huge prank. He will love this once he finds out ... His sisters tell me that he cheats on this game, as in he has an app which gives him the highest point word for the letters he has available and the playing board as it is. Ummm ... tricky. Cheating? IDK ... When we discuss this he will readily admit to using all available resources. Within this specific context, he knows that I will not perceive that as cheating ... wily perhaps. What he doesn't know is I looked up a lexicon word finder of my own for this little game ... now our forth or fifth ... The one I am using is kicking the butt of the one he is using. I am laughing ... well, I practically wake up laughing. Occasionally, he will text a challenge asking,what does that word mean ... Hahaha ... if I don't already know the word, I look it up before I play it. The longer this goes on, the funnier it gets. His eyes are going to sparkle when he finds out he was played at his own game!

Well, that's enough silliness for one day. Surely there is something productive waiting to be done ... .

No comments: