The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, September 9, 2012

97/1000

Cooking ... that I actually learned to cook, and I love it ... planning the weeks menu ... shopping for groceries (the produce market especially) ... unpacking the bags and putting our items in the frig or the pantry. This week I made ginger shrimp which required my wok.  I don't get to use it near enough.  It was the first pan I bought for myself and during college practically everything I made was cooked in that wok ... perfect first pan.  This is what I am specifically thankful for ... my number 97 ... that I have a kid who loves to cook almost as much as I do and who will cherish that cooking vessel someday.  I have a copper wok that I have never cooked in ... it's like it's too pretty.  I should give one of those to him ... .

No comments: