The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, September 6, 2012

End of Summer

The sky this morning reminded me of one of the early lessons I learned while earning the instrument rating ...what's happening "here" is transitory ... you may go through it, you may let it go through you ... but it's a thin veil or layer back to where the sun shines (Yeah, maybe more, but it's never as bleak as it appears to be).  I thought of when I read Lewis' analogy on nearness of approach (to God). Sometimes the overcast seems more then it is ... so ... summer's weather coming to an end.
Summer's end shoe sale ... nets these fun paint splattered cork wedges ... and turquoise toenails in support of ... I really do love shoes ... and shoe sales. (Yeah they are super comfy) Gotta save this funny memory here ... at some women's thing and the speaker asked "What is your definition of best girl friend?"  My buddy girl H replied, "Someone who wears my same size shoes."  Love that.
And this ... end of summer peaches ... picture of today's lunch ... spray coat grilling pan, slice, grill, drizzle with honey ... D gave me the recipe earlier this week and I've just been waiting on the peaches to ripen.  Delicious ... while no one was looking I drank the juice from the empty bowl ... the only way this could be better would be eating it with your fingers ... or something like that. Oh!  Maybe with ice-cream!  Highly recommend.

2 comments:

Heather said...

love the shoes and how on earth did you remember me saying that???? too funny! surprised i wasn't kicked out ;)

DeAnn said...

Almost time for you to get those super cute boots out ... gonna rock that little tummy bump this Fall!