The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Just trying to distill the fruits of Mr. Lewis' labors as shared in Four Loves ... man, talk about an excellent book!  Perfect for me at this time, it provides a wonderfully wrought implement for "getting a handle" on love.  I read and reread and ... I kinda wish I had the book form to write in as I puzzle it out, but the PDF is kinda excellent too because I like to read on my iPad, low intensity lightness is perfect for the middle of the quiet night.

So ... did finish the tree project ... I taped one little leaf up there and painted the stems and leaves for Paper flowers to be added ... .
This is a shot of the chevron pattern on the stair risers ... hugely labor intensive ... and super cute.  Will post another picture later, maybe much later because I seem to have only enough serenity for one per day ... this is hair pulling kind of tedious.  The withe is high gloss paint and the black is very carefully measured and cut contact paper (adhesive back ... knock on wood that it stays put! May have to paint a clear coat over the entire shebang.)  I looked and looked for the paper before ordering it from Amazon ... two rolls will do 13 fronts if you do this ninety degree turn ... not much room to mess up (lol, I will likely need another roll before the deed id done) ... can't even imagine painting this!

This morning, bright and early, I mapped out a route through six garage sales ... never have done that before and it was pretty much fun.
C needs a couple of chairs ... one for the desk, another for her bathroom.  I thought I could find them for maybe twenty bucks apiece.  The white chair is for her ... once I strip it I will know what do do with the frame.  She has already purchased a fabric ... gonna be sweet!  The middle chair ... I just like the lines.  It needs to be entirely rebuilt.  Under the upholstery is red leather ... I will find some outrageously gorgeous graphic floral for it ... I think, we will see.  I am excited about it.  The rocker ... thinking about painting it black for my front porch, but I secretly want to paint it aqua and antique it with a rich tobacco brown... I am thinking about it (and it is making me smile).  C came up with the idea of buying icky furniture and restoring it to something usable and cool.  I think I may have found my little in home business.  I like messing with furniture.  I could probably sell it as fast as I could love it up ... think I would enjoy that.  I want to make some money.
First chair is for C ... I've hand sanded enough of it to see that it's a soft light wood.  Because of her sensibility I think I will paint it white ... her fabric is a cool geometric graphic, traditional yet updated ... I am going to do something unique in the little cut out back detail ... maybe veneer tiny little silver seed beads ... something subtle ... oh that would be cute and maybe little silver seed bead boots.

I've been piddling around with this post on an open screen all day ... now it is time for dinner prep.  Just L and I tonight ... ginger shrimp.  It's different to cook for two ... .

No comments: