The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, April 19, 2014

All is calm again ... quiet.
Today my momma was entirely herself for the first time, it seems to me, in probably 39 years.  She had a few very pointed instructions for me to see to after her death.  Just stuff for a to do list. And ...

She comforted me.  She said, "Thank you for being such a sweetheart with me, I know it has not been easy.  And thank your family for everything they have done to make this possible for you, I know you have been missed." And this ... "Let us agree that God intends good for us and that all things work together for His good purposes ...even death.  I know that I am dying.  I am at peace with that."
I didn't expect that.  And ... it surprises me how much it means to me to hear her say those words.

I had planned to stay with her tonight, but I think I am needed more over at my brother's house ... my Aunt Faye called and said I better get in the truck and drive to his house ... that Momma has a whole bunch of people to see to her and that she would want me to be with my brother right now.  So I did.  I think she is right.

I can hear him snoring softly in the next room.  He said, "I am glad you are here" and fell back to sleep.  He seems better then he did earlier today.  Rest helps.

It's rough ...


Doctor said it would soon for Momma. 

I want to help my momma die, but I need to help my brother live. 


This is the day that the Lord has made;

    let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
~Psalm 118:24

This little memento was left, wrapped as a gift, in Momma's room.  Very special.  I feel very tender to the sweetness of it.
(And, she did love the roses.)

No comments: