The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, April 1, 2014


I like being home ... and it's funny how this still feels like home.
Momma woke up dizzy this morning ... her falling and breaking a hip or something is probably my biggest concern right this minute.  Everything you think you know can change in a blink.  Trite, I know, but oh so true.  March was a crazy month.  Looking to see what April showers ... I think I'll add the local air strip to my fore flight, I'm kinda itching to look at the weather ... look ahead at the weather I should say.  Hard to catch enough of a break to get the truck washed.  This morning I told the guy next to me at the pump that if I didn't hurry up and get it washed everyone was gonna think it was stolen!
Hospice ... very nice group of people.
Very helpful.
I'd like to go home for a week ... the third week in April.  They tell me I can place mom in a nursing care facility IF she says that's okay.  Lol ... huge if.  And if it is okay with her on day one but she wants to leave on day two then she is able to just walk out the door.  "You better be able to pick her up if she doesn't want to stay.  And from what little I know of your mom she won't want to stay."  Yeah ... she won't want to stay, no doubt in my mind about that.  "So, another (and maybe your best) option is to hire in home care."  Lol ... in-home care is running about 20 bucks an hour in the area ... 20x24x5 ... I'm actually pretty good at math ... but I resist ... no I got it, too easy ... too much.  They don't think it's a good idea for me to take her home with me ("What if something happens while y'all are out of the area?").
On the other hand ...
Me being here is do-able because my family is making it possible.
I do want to be at hand in case my brother or sister-in-law need my help.
It's actually interesting to see my mom becoming a better version of herself and by that I mean "kinder".  Also ... I really don't want her to be afraid or suffer in any way and I can help make her world pleasant.
I'm just a bit tired.
Today while Tommy got his haircut I got my washed and professionally blown out - love that.  Big treat.  I think I better just figure out how to get comfy (lol) here. Nice to be home - wish my family was also here.

No comments: