The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, December 2, 2010


"Last Dance" ... Donna Summers? That's the song that kept on loading up on my mental turn table tonight. I'm not going to be sad about this ... last night of ground school with no intention to teach it again next semester. Tonight was test night/ turn in all your alibis night. A stack of homework came in and I processed it while I proctored the exam. Input tomorrow. Next week some will take the FAA written on Tuesday ... I'll leave there and go straight to a fancy dinner party ... fun. The remainder of the class will have the final early on Thursday. Today, as I talked with the new chief about how he wants the endorsements to go I told him that I would like to work with them and I will teach ground if I am also flight instructing ... I handled it well. One of my buddies came by my class room and told me the guys have decided that none of them will agree to teaching Pvt ground ... What a very sweet thought ... I just smiled and said that was nice but they better be careful ... someone will covertly break ranks, but it is very sweet of them to bat the idea around. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything goes.

I spoke briefly with the Inspector that keeps an eye on this part of the state. I like him and trust him. Maybe I am naive. Well, that's already been determined ... I am naive about a lot of things, but I believe I can trust my "great judge of character" app. He may be able to be a real stinker, but that's not his first choice. I enjoyed talking with him, and he was able to tell me what I needed to know. Plus he gave me some excellent advice about solo endorsements cya type stuff ... And encouraged me to get the CFI insurance ... All that for free. Those guys may be under paid as well as underappreciated. Yes, I know, they do violate people ... Is it always people who are busting regs? I'd like to think so. ... He said my idea is acceptable to the FAA. I like it. Good ideas are so much better than pouting. So, I don't wanna talk about that yet, but I am feeling pretty interested in focusing my energies in this direction.

No comments: