The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My daughter, Two, read the intro to the new Taylor Swift CD to me today as I drove her home from another doctor's visit ... she had just about recovered from a hyper-extended knee and fell on it again today ... thank goodness I was home when it happened. Here we go again. The CD wrapper was about the things we don't say but should say ... maybe those things we regret not saying as we express ourselves or stick up for others. It is an interesting idea. It encourages the reader to write a letter to that person or situation. I have a couple of people who I would like to say just one last thing to ... but I won't do that here. I already say too much here. The thing I tend not to say is ... I cared about you. There is something about caring about a person that I want to back away from. I wonder, are most people like that? Guarded? I guess if I really were writing a letter to someone ... those someones ... I would summarize it by saying, I cared about you ... and I either didn't want to be vulnerable or it caught me by surprise and I didn't know what it meant ... either way, I just couldn't handle it.

No comments: