The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Nazca Lines
Etched into a high plateau in Peru’s Nazca Desert, a series of ancient designs stretching more than 50 miles has baffled archaeologists for decades. Along with simple lines and geometric shapes, they include drawings of animals, birds and humans, some measuring more than 600 feet across. Because of their colossal size, the figures can only be appreciated from way up in the air—and there is no evidence that the Nazca people, who inhabited the area between 300 B.C. and 800 A.D., invented flying machines. According to ancient alien theorists, the figures were used to guide spaceships as they came in for a landing, and the lines served as runways.


www.history.com/shows/ancient-aliens/articles/evidence-of-ancient-aliens

Now this is an airport!

Last week I sat with the History channel on ... Wow! There were several super interesting programs on. When my husband came home for lunch and I was sitting on sofa staring at the TV ... never, ever, happens. Today I am on the History channel site looking at programing for next week... ha! I'm putting some of the shows on my calendar ... this might be a getting old kind of thing. The only show I have tried to watch with any consistency is/was Top Chef ... and that is only if I accidentally find it, because I don't know what night or time it shows!



This piece of art is amazing ... beautiful ... powerful ... graceful ... ...

I've been missing out! Ancient civilizations etc.

No comments: