The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Today I spoke to an FAA inspector whose advice I value about one of the options I am considering. He is familiar with their operation. It was very nice to hear an objective, yet knowledgeable point of view.

I also have the beginnings of an idea that would create my own opportunity here locally, and have a call in to the area FSDO on that.

This morning I met a local pilot who asked me if I can do his flight review. I said sure thing. He has his own plane but has let his medical expire ... told him to give me a call when he gets that taken care of. That's the second pilot who has asked about that. The guy today said he doesn't want to ask questions about the airspace to a twenty year old kid ... most of his considerable hours were flown in South America and now he's back home and noticing an area he wants to discuss. I hadn't imagined that my non-threatenning personality might be an asset. I bet he has some fascinating stories about wicked runway gradients and deceptive density altitude issues. The diversity of experience in this industry is pretty cool.

Me, not stewing on unproductive topics is a better version of me.

No comments: