The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday ... that probably means I saw a movie last night. A few months ago my husband bought a book titled something like "101 Romantic Ideas" ... something like that. One of the ideas apparently seemed like the idea, because we have been seeing a movie every Friday night since then. I do like movies. Last night we saw "The Tourist" with Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt's babymomma. I truly enjoyed the movie ... yes it was shot primarily in Venice and that was lovely, but ... well, I want to see it again and that almost never happens. I told my husband, the only thing I woulda liked them to rethink was a sortasucky landing ... . Last week we saw "Love and Other Drugs" ... worth seeing - sweet(and surprisingly smutty). Before that we saw "Burlesque" ... loved the music, fortunately there wasn't much room for a story between the numbers.

This past few days has been interesting (again ... interesting to me is precisely what I mean, so don't get your hopes up too much). I had lunch with the "granddaddy" of local aviation activities ... I am very fond of the man even though he almost tricked me into embarrassing myself (in front of everyone) with an explanation of and to do on what turned out to be what I call the pee pee vent on an airplane ... yes it was funny, no I wasn't laughing. That was eons ago! Well, he had some good advice and a couple of students that he'd love to pass to me ... his operation does no flight training ... I did my HPA stuff with them, and made my first commercial multi engine flight (down to Miami) with him. I'm a big fan. Soooo, being that he has done pretty much everything aviation related around here I knew it was time to check in with him. So, we lunched, he advised, then we got down to catching up on the gossip. He did confirm my intuition about staying totally away from one local operation ... well two, but one I wasn't even considering because I feel uncomfortable with one of the owners.

One of my friends and I have been talking about leasing our own plane and offering instruction. I am not enthusiastic about that. Well, that idea just mutated in to something interesting. A local freight guy has a couple of small planes that he would like to make available for a reasonable hourly fee. He will cover the insurance and all the other airplane costs ... and he keeps his maintenance in tip top shape. I like his planes. So, that's what I've been crunching the numbers on ... . I think it's all going to work out just fine.

No comments: