The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, January 27, 2013

102and103/1000

I like airplanes.  I like the actual airplane thing and I like that we have been able to figure out something as cool as getting ourselves up in the air.  I like that there are people who know the things that one must know to fly (or do anything which is a reach for mankind) ... I like the collaborative effort of "large" endeavors and I like that there are giants among us who have grown so as they have mastered something that mankind could only dream of in the not too distant past.  God, I love to fly, and I really appreciate what I have learned about myself, my soul self, as I have become a pilot.  It soothes me to reflect on those life lessons.  Flying ... what a great metaphor pool ... on either end or the middle.
Last night I decided to look at several cross country flights (on a flight tracker app) ... from the East coast all the way over to the West coast.  One crew flew a graceful, elegant sweeping green line (I compared it to the other flights made yesterday between the same two airports) ... there was one enroute altitude change, I can only guess it had something to do with some isolated storms.  I don't know what adjustments caused some of the other flights to "look" less perfect then the one ... I just know that I am blessed  when I see something done so obviously well.  I like that it's kinda an amazing feat, I like that I can appreciate it being executed so beautifully well.  Genius. Full moon ... musta been lovely up there arcing across the country.
When stuff feels so out of sorts it's really neat to see a perfect green line moving steadily across the country ... cause if just one thing is right, as right as that with all it involves, then, maybe there is still hope for us all.  So ... that's thankful
#102
#103
is about singing ... today ... today I sang like I did when I was little, before the scarred up knees/soul, before all the years of voice lessons/wall building ... just back in the sweetest part of my heart and ... I am thankful that that part of me still sings.

No comments: