The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, January 21, 2013

Time's a'wastin' ...

Physicists say we are made of stardust.
Intergalactic debris and far-flung atoms,
shards of carbon nanomatter rounded up by gravity to circle the sun.
As atoms pass through an eternal revolving door of possible form,
energy and mass dance in fluid relationship.
We are man,
we are thought,
we are story.
We are all star stuff. 

Today there is no time to sit and journal ... I do feel like writing today, but I have "wasted" the morning by sleeping in ... and to note ... have enjoyed not one, but two cups of delicious coffee right here in the quiet of my room.  Mentioned to husband last night that I would like to take this opportunity (a holiday) to "sleep in" ... sometime around eight I roused to find him already (quietly) on his way.  I flipped my pillow to the cool side with a smile and woke up late to the faint ping of mail arriving via the phone on my bedside table.  And on to luxuriating in an extended coffee time ... to re-read yet again ... steeping in the process and making a path (for today) through the other things ... like the towels I fold while thoughts and prayers unfold.

There is plenty to do today ... Monday usually finds our home a bit messier then I can tolerate ... Sunday is still by design and expects a busy Monday.  I actually look forward to setting things right, and today is no exception even though my kids are home from classes and we may goof off some.
I am thinking about the things I have on my plate that I don't want to do.  I am trying to understand if those things are worth the time I would have to put to them.  I am trying to understand why I am not excited about the opportunity to do them.  I did stop volunteering to teach English to the Korean ladies though I admire them and enjoyed that time with them.  I think there is something else that I'm supposed to be doing right now.  I want to waste my time well ... !

And ... I'm trying to figure out why a poem I read keeps on swirling around in my head stirring at emotions that mere words shouldn't be able to evoke.  I'm not that emotional.  Well, I am ... but I'm not. I carefully care and not care.  Precisely folded linens help with the balance of that ... a Monday morning thing ... it is okay with me for the dryer to work on Sunday.

So ... today.  And maybe I will have time to journal some later in the day or at least later in the week.

btw ... "staying" in  "today" does seem to be a worthy bit self-discipline.

No comments: