The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lake|Flato architecture ... PORCH HOUSE

And how these guy's came to my attention ... buddy girl commented on them awhile back, then brought to my attention that they have an article in this month's Southern Living magazine ... PORCH HOUSE ... very cool concept, beautifully executed (kinda like a perfect green line, genius is genius ... )





What they say:

http://www.lakeflatoporchhouse.com/concept.php

 The factory built rooms are arranged on the site to take advantage of views, breeze, solar orientation, and outdoor spaces.  The custom designed site built "porch elements", such as breezeways, porches, overhangs, and carports are the "connecting tissue" which holds the rooms together while allowing the overall design to adapt to the unique characteristics of the site, the weather and the client's program.

2 comments:

John Venlet said...

D, I like these homes, and think one would fit on my little trout camp property.

Here's another you may enjoy, The Crib.

Thanks, for that.

DeAnn said...

Yes, I do like that idea(s).
Check out http://www.lakeflato.com sometime when you have time ... I love the re-used cement factory thing Cararro House I think it was (I'll link you). Stuff do well is just good! ~D