The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

coffee sugar detox ... unpleasant

~unknown

  • Bad breath
  • Constipation
  • Achy, flu-like feeling
  • Fatigue
  • Headaches
  • Hunger
  • Irritability
  • Itchy skin
  • Nausea
  • Offensive body odor
  • Sleep difficulties
how-detox-caffeine-sugar-and-white-flour-7-days
Today I started wondering if I had cancer ... maybe ... one of my friends found out she had cancer because of symptoms a lot like these ... and like me her achy pain was localized in the hip joints and lower back.  And ... coincidentally, a book, HEAVEN, by Randy Alcorn just showed up in the house.  One of my long distance buddies, a friend in South Africa, recommended it to me this past summer ... and believe it or not, it was a gift at the funeral (they called it a home coming party, but I still call it a funeral) of a long time older woman friend.  So ... the book came to me and I have been reading it.  And ... it's interesting.  The Bible has a lot to say about heaven but I don't know much about it at all.  I never believed it was a harp cloud type place, I think of it as a lot like here but with out all the conflict ... and I think God is there and we will see Him.
I'm liking learning a bit about Heaven and in a little way, that kinda creeps me out.  I like it because it makes the craziness of the world less important.  I like thinking about "next".  At the same time it's creepy because it is unknown.  Anyway ...
The other day I decided no sugar and no coffee for a week and I have done great at doing, or not doing that/those.  Mainly I like sugar in my coffee and really nice chocolate bars ... so quitting something didn't include knocking out major portions of my diet but wow ... I have felt really really bad.  Decided to look at detox info today and came across this ... bingo ... all but one or two with a couple not mentioned (cold hands and feet, yeah irritibility is on the list ... so not the usual me). I have been saving up my money for a doctor aided diet plan (Medi Weight Loss Program) and I want to have plenty set aside to accomplish my goal.  They have you cut out all sugar and coffee at first so I thought to get a little head start on that. From what I understand the first week is entirely proteins and the next week they add back fruits and vegetables.
I didn't know I was going to feel really yucky.  So, I just looked back, on Saturday after morning coffee I stopped with the coffee and sugar.  I should start feeling better soon.  This is Wednesday.
High wind advisories here today ... that's about it.
I am really surprising my self by feeling flu-y ... and cranky ... and achy.  I think when this week is up I will remain off the sugar because I don't want to feel like this again.  

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

But I didn’t because sugar is so seductive! Today is 14 Dec 2018. I have decided to remove sugar from my diet again and it’s been a couple of weeks now. No problem other than Christmas treat prep isn’t very much fun.

Cutting sugar from my coffee, as I did whenever this post was written, proved to be no big deal. Although I did begin eating sugar treats again in 2014 I didn’t add it back to my coffee. Thankful now for that because coffee is my go to treat now.